• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Looking for something else,  I just came across this picture I took of the Bánh Xèo place staff. It was later in the evening and the crowd had thinned out somewhat.  I got the impression it was a family operation, but not sure.

20180425_195025.thumb.jpg.d08a3ee7a8b02c5d85c27fdbb1dd90c8.jpg

The two women centre (one with face mask and the other with the pink top) spend every evening frying the pancakes. The two women on the left handle the vegetation and drinks while the two men distribute the pancakes and deal with the cash. They were all, like most Vietnamese in  my experience, very friendly.

The half obscured man in the blue shirt saw me trying to access the internet on my cell phone and immediately offered to connect me to his password protected free wi-fi. Everywhere in HCMC has free wi-fi, even the local buses.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Looking for something else,  I just came across this picture I took of the Bánh Xèo place staff. It was later in the evening and the crowd had thinned out somewhat.  I got the impression, it was a family operation, but not sure.

20180425_195025.thumb.jpg.d08a3ee7a8b02c5d85c27fdbb1dd90c8.jpg

The two women centre (one with face mask and the other with the pink top) spend every evening frying the pancakes. The two women on the left handle the vegetation and drinks while the two men distribute the pancakes and deal with the cash. They were all, like most Vietnamese in  my experience, very friendly.

The half obscured man in the blue shirt saw me trying to access the internet on my cell phone and immediately offered to connect me to his password protected free wi-fi. Everywhere in HCMC has free wi-fi, even the local buses.