• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

The quality of their products is of issue too.

I could go south, in PA, and, find a real butcher. 

Well, I know the butcher.

But you really do have to find an agriculturist who's in tune with what you prefer and purchase a specimen of your liking and have it custom butchered.

Back in the day, when I used to raise my own. I could do it as I prefer.. Those days are over, probably forever.

The good stuff is out of reach for most, for various reason—certainly if you're dirt poor, as I am.

I've mentioned issues of quality many times before, here's an example:

After re-reading that. With all the mistakes. I really do need a pet monkey to type for me! xD

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

I could go south, in PA and, find a real butcher. 

But you really do have to find an agriculturist who's in tune with what you prefer and purchase a specimen of your liking and have it custom butchered.

Back in the day, when I used to raise my own. I could do it as I prefer.. Those days are over, probably forever.

The good stuff is out of reach for most, for various reason—certainly if you're dirt poor, as I am.

After re-reading that. With all the mistakes. I really do need a pet monkey to type for me! xD

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

Back in the day, when I used to raise my own. Those days are over, probably forever.

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

back in the day, when I used to raise my own are over, probably forever.