• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

WhiskerBiscuit

Chocolate pudding

Several years ago I bought one of those fancy electric rice cookers (Panasonic) that supposedly uses fuzzy logic to make perfect rice every time.  Since it has has a porridge option, I looked to see if people used it for making rice pudding and tapioca.  Sure enough, there were plenty of recipes and I aim to try some soon.  But what about chocolate pudding?  There are a lot of insta-pot recipes, but I can’t find anything for the American school box dessert staple.

5 hours ago, WhiskerBiscuit said:

Several years ago I bought one of those fancy electric rice cookers (Panasonic) that supposedly uses fuzzy logic to make perfect rice every time.  Since it has has a porridge option, I looked to see if people used it for making rice pudding and tapioca.  Sure enough, there were plenty of recipes and I aim to try some soon.  But what about chocolate pudding?  There are a lot of insta-pot recipes, but I can’t find anything for the American school box dessert staple.

Are you asking if you could make it in a rice cooker?