• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Teage Ezrad books+new books from aussie chefs

oferl

I guess this question is mainly to the Australian members here :-) Many years ago i've ordered Lotus : Asian flavors and it turned out to be a very big surprise, one of 

the best asian books i have, and was very cheap and affordable.. 

Have been thinking for a long time about ordering also the later book by Ezard and his guys, Gingerboy, but this is much harder to find and unfortunately what i see, is much more expensive then Lotus case.. So not sure if to pull the trigger.. Is it totally different and "special" from the first book, and might be worth the effort ?

And any info on newer books from great Austalian chefs is always fun to get :-) I have Sepia, Bentley, all Gilmore's books.. Sadly very hard to find currently Ben Shwery's origin in "reasonable" price (and english version..). Thx for any info !

I don't own the Lotus book, but I like the Gingerboy book. A lot of recipes, and once you've got a stocked pantry you could make most of them. Nothing too obscure if you can access SE Asian ingredients.

Chris Taylor

Host, eG Forums - ctaylor@egstaff.org

I've never met an animal I didn't enjoy with salt and pepper.

Melbourne
Harare, Victoria Falls and some places in between