• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sign in to follow this  
oferl

Teage Ezrad books+new books from aussie chefs

I guess this question is mainly to the Australian members here :-) Many years ago i've ordered Lotus : Asian flavors and it turned out to be a very big surprise, one of 

the best asian books i have, and was very cheap and affordable.. 

Have been thinking for a long time about ordering also the later book by Ezard and his guys, Gingerboy, but this is much harder to find and unfortunately what i see, is much more expensive then Lotus case.. So not sure if to pull the trigger.. Is it totally different and "special" from the first book, and might be worth the effort ?

And any info on newer books from great Austalian chefs is always fun to get :-) I have Sepia, Bentley, all Gilmore's books.. Sadly very hard to find currently Ben Shwery's origin in "reasonable" price (and english version..). Thx for any info !

I don't own the Lotus book, but I like the Gingerboy book. A lot of recipes, and once you've got a stocked pantry you could make most of them. Nothing too obscure if you can access SE Asian ingredients.

Chris Taylor

Host, eG Forums - ctaylor@egstaff.org

I've never met an animal I didn't enjoy with salt and pepper.

Melbourne
Harare, Victoria Falls and some places in between

Hi,Both are great books and easy to use.

Also the whole range of Spirit House Books from the Noosa Restaurant and Cookery School 

are fabulous.They are Thai Food.

Sign in to follow this