• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

Yesterday I cooked up some wheatberries and used 1/2 cooked cup to make this.  It is sort of a jumble of stuff - broccoli stems, carrot, corn, green onions, sunflower seeds, cranberries and goat cheese.  When I first made it up I didn't think 1/2 cup wheatberries looked like much but with the other stuff in there, it was lots.  So, I guess 1/2 cup cooked grains is the baseline amount going forward, and I need to dice the veg going forward so the pieces are smaller.   I liked this a lot - one of those things that ate better than  it looked.   Now I need to look for ways to use up the rest of what I cooked.

Edited to add:  dressed with a raspberry vinaigrette.

20180427_131013.jpg

ElsieD

ElsieD

Yesterday I cooked up some wheatberries and used 1/2 cooked cup to make this.  It is sort of a jumble of stuff - broccoli stems, carrot, corn, green onions, sunflower seeds, cranberries and goat cheese.  When I first made it up I didn't think 1/2 cup wheatberries looked like much but with the other stuff in there, it was lots.  So, I guess 1/2 cup cooked grains is the baseline amount going forward, and I need to dice the veg going forward so the pieces are smaller.   I liked this a lot - one of those things that ate better than  it looked.   Now I need to look for ways to use up the rest of what I cooked.

20180427_131013.jpg