• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Vedvyas

Vedvyas

IMG-20180413-WA0016.thumb.jpeg.1a8c6c64552085c7564b6db30a2bf070.jpegThe  picture of left over curry at my location which remained after all the transportation being done.

Here I could see absolutely there is no trace of fat on top. 

So to appease customers I am planning to try the below:

1) use less fat being compromising with taste.

2) prepare the gravy early and see any excessive fat appears on the top and skim it off.

3) our cooks add good amount of fat ghee/ butter also at the end of curry. One chef told that adding this type of cold fat makes it to float. So I have told our cooks not to add at the end but in the middle of gravy making, so that it will not surface up.

I thank you all for your valuable replies.

Vedvyas

Vedvyas

The  picture of left over curry at my location which remained after all the transportation being done.

Here I could see absolutely there is no trace of fat on top. 

So to appease customers I am planning to try the below:

1) use less fat being compromising with taste.

2) prepare the gravy early and see any excessive fat appears on the top and skim it off.

3) our cooks add good amount of fat ghee/ butter also at the end of curry. One chef told that adding this type of cold fat makes it to float. So I have told our cooks not to add at the end but in the middle of gravy making, so that it will not surface up.

I thank you all for your valuable replies.