• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Seeking guidance

Vedvyas

Hi All,

I am vedvyas , in-charge of a public feeding kitchen in India, Hyderabad and Bangalore. Kindly requesting guidance from the experienced chefs and experts here.

I feel glad to associate with the forums here and saw many wonderful threads going on.

Thank you all.

Sincerely,

Vedvyas

Welcome, Vedbyas. Please tell us more about the public feeding kitchen(s). How many people do you serve, and at how many different facilities? What are your constraints? What sort of guidance might you need from the experienced chefs and experts?

We have members who now work, or have worked in the past, at what are called "soup kitchens" in the USA, helping feed people who might otherwise not be able to eat. Is that the nature of your public feeding kitchen?

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Thank you Smithy, for your swift response. 

The public feeding kitchen provides typical south indian and north indian cuisine meals at a discounted price for certain areas, for certain selected institutions and also for certain charity causes.

We also provides food to some get together functions and meetings of some selected apartments in the city.

The food is fully vegetaian and even without onion and garlic.

There are some common problems I am facing in cooking, packing and transportation of the food. 

The queations, I will post in the relevant groups and seek guidance from the members.

Thank you for all your support.