• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Not your regular Chicken Wings

ImportantElements

So I wanted to make some wings the other day, and as much as I love buffalo style deep fried, I craved something different. I love the crispy skin and hot sauce, but with this recipe I decided to use charcoal. 

Its always hard to marinate wings because of the thick skin, its almost impossible to penetrate it with anything.  One thing that works very well on wings is a paste made of different dry peppers. 

I re hydrated some tasty varieties of peppers, and blended them with garlic and oil. 

5SDv7pK.jpg

24 hours later the color of wings get so nice 

5MRWeAe.jpg

I got some really cool thick skewers that work very well for wings and other tricky meats. Some hickory wood, and BAM 

tB7iKhp.jpg

MbVajF2.jpg

ngOMPhY.jpg

For the Sauce - 

Very simple and tasty 

2 parts ketchup

2 parts tomato sauce

salt

pepper

1 teaspoon sunflower seed oil

1 teaspoon white wine vinegar

2 tablespoons of finely chopped onion 

little bit of cilantro

and a little bit of lime juice

h72dxg6.jpg

i9ALb4c.jpg

enjoy 

• Like 1
  • Delicious 3

Food blogging zombie

My Instagram

My YouTube Channel

2 minutes ago, Smokeydoke said:

@ImportantElements Have you seen the eGullet Recipe Cook-off Index thread?

I think you'll enjoy perusing the various threads about dishes that eGullet members have made. You can also post your dishes there.

Oh wow, I did not see that. Thank you so much :) 

• Like 2

Food blogging zombie

My Instagram

My YouTube Channel