• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Sign in to follow this  
Pan

Elmhurst eateries

Hi, everyone. A couple of friends of mine want to have dinner in Elmhurst on Monday. One of them goes to Coco all the time but wants to go to another place, and the other one proposed Eim Khao Mun Kai, but they serve only Hainanese chicken rice and I'm on a low-carb diet, so though I could cheat a little, a specifically rice dinner is a little much for me right now.

Do you have any favorite places in Elmhurst, with a preference for places that have some good vegetable dishes or sides, among other dishes?

Ayada. Always a good meal.

• Like 1

Good thought, thanks.

I don't think I've ever been to Ayada before. Do you have some favorite dishes there?

Looks like we've settled on Boon Chu. One of my friends says he got raw food at Ayada. Probably a freak occurrence, but I can understand how that could be off-putting.

I really have no idea. Boon Chu was totally unexceptional.

Edited by Pan (log)
  • Sad 1

Somtum Der in the EV makes a raw shrimp dish that is awesome...  On the less spicy side, I also really enjoy getting sweet shrimp (raw) in sushi form too....

I don't really like raw shrimp, but I know it's traditional.

Sign in to follow this