• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

to add link

It seems to me that the site that @chefmd linked to is trying to replace individual user collections of cookbooks by licensing content of their own selection of cookbooks - their website says, "500+ licensed books with more than 100,000 recipes," much less than is indexed on EYB but it apparently includes the actual recipes.  

I think I read of it being called, "Spotify for food,"  or "Spotify for cookbooks."

1 hour ago, Okanagancook said:

Also, the membership is very active at making comments about recipes they have made.  I always check the notes section of recipes I am about to make to see what is said about it.

I really appreciate that feature and have been trying to be better about adding comments.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

It seems to me that the site that @chefmd linked to is trying to replace individual user collections of cookbooks by licensing content of their own selection of cookbooks - their website says, "500+ licensed books with more than 100,000 recipes," much less than is indexed on EYB but it apparently includes the actual recipes.  

I think I read of it being called, "Spotify for food." 

34 minutes ago, Okanagancook said:

Also, the membership is very active at making comments about recipes they have made.  I always check the notes section of recipes I am about to make to see what is said about it.

I really appreciate that feature and have been trying to be better about adding comments.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

It seems to me that the site that @chefmd linked to is trying to replace individual user collections of cookbooks by licensing content of their own licensed selection of cookbooks - their website says, "500+ licensed books with more than 100,000 recipes," much less than is indexed on EYB but it apparently includes the actual recipes.  

I think I read of it being called, "Spotify for food." 

27 minutes ago, Okanagancook said: