• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cream filled Chocolates

Chester86

Hey everyone! I’m new to the chocolate making! I have a tempering machine and have successfully made beautiful caramels, turtles, toffee, coconut ganache, and lots of different types of chocolate bars.

The one thing my customers keep asking me to do are cream filled chocolates!

I have googled and pintrested recipes but so far I cannot find what I’m looking for.

I need a good base recipe that I can alter and add different flavors too and is somewhat shelf stable for a few weeks...

Thanks in advance for the help!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chester86 said:

Yes

So start by getting a copy of Candymaking - by eG's own @Chocolot. It will explain making fondant and how to make basic creams. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

So start by getting a copy of Candymaking - by eG's own @Chocolot. It will explain making fondant and how to make basic creams. 

I might as well go ahead and ask it, since I'm going to end up asking eventually anyway... is this a book I want? It's only available used on amazon.ca but I'm fine with that. Used books need love too. 

Edit: never mind, it was only $8 with free shipping so it's mine now regardless. :D

Edit yet again: ok, I'm slow tonight. I just made the connection as to who's book that is. So there was never any question of whether I'd want it in the first place if I'd just been paying more attention. 

Edited by Tri2Cook (log)
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

1 hour ago, Tri2Cook said:

I might as well go ahead and ask it, since I'm going to end up asking eventually anyway... is this a book I want? It's only available used on amazon.ca but I'm fine with that. Used books need love too. 

Edit: never mind, it was only $8 with free shipping so it's mine now regardless. :D

Edit yet again: ok, I'm slow tonight. I just made the connection as to who's book that is. So there was never any question of whether I'd want it in the first place if I'd just been paying more attention. 

Short answer - yes! but I see you have it already. 

8 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

Short answer - yes! but I see you have it already. 

Yeah, it was only available used anywhere I could find it. amazon.ca had one that was listed as being in very good condition (the used book seller that has the amazon store listed it as a former library copy with everything intact and no heavy wear) for $8 with free shipping but only 1 available. Felt kinda like a "he who hesitates" situation so I decided not to be he who hesitated. And then what you spelled out clearly in your post finally made it's way through the fog and I realized who's book it is. 

• Like 1

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

It's out of print - I pick up every copy I see! The book warehouse remainders store had a bunch several years back - bought them by the stack and gave them away at classes.

• Like 3