• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

jedovaty

jedovaty

Would someone be willing to test WC for a "dulce de coconut" ?  I buy sweetened condensed coconut milk and put the can in pressure cooker or boil it, just like with regular condensed milk to make dulce de lece.  Example product I purchase at grocery store here.  I occasionally make little filled chocolates for fun, getting a WC tester is.. overkill.  In this case, I may be shipping the chocolates to a friend in canada, and shipping from California averages 10 days. I did test batch few months ago and left them on counter for a couple weeks, they seemed okay?  I'd rather be safe with science though...

81jpQrQBFFL._SL1500_.jpg

jedovaty

jedovaty

Would someone be willing to test WC for a "dulce de coconut" ?  I buy sweetened condensed coconut milk and put the can in pressure cooker or boil it, just like with regular condensed milk to make dulce de lece.  Example product I purchase at grocery store here.  I occasionally make little filled chocolates for fun, getting a WC tester is.. overkill.  In this case, I may be shipping the chocolates to a friend in canada, and shipping from California averages 10 days. 

81jpQrQBFFL._SL1500_.jpg