• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lump or solid asafoetida

Murunga

56 minutes ago, Murunga said:

Hi 

I'm new to this group. I live in USA. Please somebody guide me where can I get solid/lump asfoetida. 

Tia 

Amazon.com carries it.

F88F703D-4B62-4DAC-BA25-8976F6A918AB.thumb.jpeg.2bcb37ac6b7a628208ee102c53e36830.jpeg

Edited by Anna N
To add photo from Amazon.com. (log)
  • Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

1 hour ago, Murunga said:

Like kroger, fresh market????

Our members live in almost all corners of the earth. I live in Canada. I somehow don’t think it would be any more useful for you if I mentioned the store that carried it than telling you it’s available online.  So in order for any of us to help you we do need to know where you live. 

• Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

On 28/03/2018 at 4:09 AM, Murunga said:

I live in USA

9 minutes ago, Anna N said:

So in order for any of us to help you we do need to know where you live. 

Yes, and please don't just repeat "the USA". It's a big place and as you seem to be averse to online shopping, then it is reasonable to suppose you are also not interested in mail order, as it's the same thing really.

And should you happen to be in, say Florida and I know that one shop in Alaska, I guess you ain't going to get on your bicycle and go there to pick it up personally!

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

Friends I apologize to you all for not being precise

i live in Bloomington Illinois 

i sincerely thank you all for those valuable inputs

this is the first time am signing up in a forum. I need to learn to talk to people. Thank you

i wish I could see the pacakage or the product before buying that's why asked for stores

• Thanks 1