• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Looking for Recipe for a particular Shrimp-stuffed dish recipe...

Skyclad

I have no idea if this is the right area to be in for this question, but here goes..  Please let me know to redirect if needed...

Ok, my longTerm girlfriend of almost twenty years has talked about a dish she had in Austin forever now.........either baked or deepFried, with batter, and stuffed with shrimp..  I know I could "search" this, but so much better to meld with other food minds.....:)  If you have an idea about this or seen a recipe on this site, please shoot me a link..  Thanks for all responses in advance....!

Edited by Smithy
Adjusted title for clarity (log)

Has she said anything about what the shrimp was stuffed *into* - like a pepper, a pasta wrapping, a chicken? 

• Like 2

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Uh, yeah, I guess it would have been helpful to mention what it was stuffed into!!  (guess I was having "one of those days" when posting this earlier....)..  Sorry for that oversight...

Anyway, it was stuffed into an avocado!  Sounds awesome to me, and I was hoping you guys might be familiar with a recipe along these lines that you were personally familiar with..  She cannot recall the name of the restaurant, as it was long ago.............during one of those great scenarios of finding your favorite dish at an previously unknown restaurant..  I wish I had more info for you..  Keeping fingers crossed that this might sound familiar to someone on this forum.....:)

Thanks again for your help!

Well now, that rings a bell! Please check out this post by member @Dejah about Deep-fried stuffed avocado, something she first had in Bryan, Texas. The linked post gives a picture; two posts later she gives the recipe.

• Like 4

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

@Skyclad Please let us know how it turned out once you have presented it to the young lady for whom you are preparing the dish! A photograph may also help9_9

• Like 2

Cape Town - At the foot of a flat topped mountain with a tablecloth covering it.

Some time ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die.

• 9 months later...

Hola to all you guys that responded back on the above..  I have not made this item yet since I could not find the recipe  that you said was two posts later..  Just no luck on that one..  If you have time Smithy, could you please post a direct link to the recipe page??  I do thank you again (all these months later!) on directing me to this..  Looks right on, just can't find the recipe.....:/  

Thanks in advance for your additional help....:)

• Like 1