• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

This does not relate to  LP stoves, you may want to ignore. 

LP is quite common here as many folk live on acreage in underdeveloped areas.

Citified areas and larger neighborhoods have natural gas.  I live in one of those.

I have heard of no complaints about LP other than this occurrence:

A group of us went to a small party at a friend's home who has LP.

When we entered thru the garage I smelled gas.  I mentioned it to the homeowner and urged her to report it.

Well, if you have natural gas here and smell a leak reporting it will bring someone from the energy company immediately to check it out.

In her case, to have someone come to check on her gas lines would cost her $80 for the service call which she could ill afford..  She was able to find someone she knew to come and check and fix the leak but it took several days....could have has a bad outcome.

Also, my physical therapist has LP in her home and complains about how expensive it is.  They primarily use a pellet stove for heat.

I wouldn't want to do that in the winters we have here; the outlying rooms could get awfully cold.

lindag

lindag

LP is quite common here as many folk live on acreage in underdeveloped areas.

Citified areas and larger neighborhoods have natural gas.  I live in one of those.

I have heard of no complaints about LP other than this occurrence:

A group of us went to a small party at a friend's home who has LP.

When we entered thru the garage I smelled gas.  I mentioned it to the homeowner and urged her to report it.

Well, if you have natural gas here and smell a leak reporting it will bring someone from the energy company immediately to check it out.

In her case, to have someone come to check on her gas lines would cost her $80 for the service call which she could ill afford..  She was able to find someone she knew to come and check and fix the leak but it took several days....could have has a bad outcome.

Also, my physical therapist has LP in her home and complains about how expensive it is.  They primarily use a pellet stove for heat.

I wouldn't want to do that in the winters we have here; the outlying rooms could get awfully cold.