• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Bentley

Bentley

I use mostly Cocoa Barry Blanc Satine 29%.  It is excellent for shelling, sweet but not crazy sweet with a nice vanilla note.  It is well-priced and a fantastic work-horse white. 

I started using it at the suggestion of Norman Love, who also uses it as his main white chocolate. 

Of course, it's a matter of taste, so you just have to keep trying them until you find one that you like and that works well for its intended applications.  

Bentley

Bentley

I use mostly Cocoa Barry Blanc Satine 29%.  It is excellent for shelling, sweet but not crazy sweet with a nice vanilla note.  It is well-priced and a fantastic work-horse white. 

I started using it at the suggestion of Norman Love, who also uses it as his main white chocolate. 

Of course, it's a matter of taste, so you just have to keep trying them until you find one that likes and works well for its intended applications.