• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Curiosity Donuts. Can this really be Alex and Aki?

Anna N

Here.

I cannot believe I missed this. Nor can I believe that a search on eG turns up nothing.  I followed their blog Ideas in Food for years and years and would never,  ever,  have predicted they would open a donut shop.   :o

• Like 2

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

It's really them. I still follow their blog, they've been posting about it for quite a while now. Every now and then, they do a post about their latest flavor creation or some special thing they're going to do there. I believe there's even been a shared recipe or two but I could be thinking of something else. I'd have to look back through the posts to be sure about the recipe thing. 

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

6 minutes ago, cdh said:

The new location is 20 miles from me... I really need to get down there and try their stuff... Something to do after this round of snow.

Love to hear what you think. I am not and never have been a donut fan. 

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog