• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Los Angeles/Long Beach restaurants?

Orbit

KCRW's Jonathan Gold, with his show Good Food on the Road, also has recommendations you may appreciate.

• Like 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Some of my favorite places - 

320 Main in Seal Beach south of Long Beach for bistro-style food and excellent cocktails (their Mai Tai is not to be missed)

In LA: Son of a Gun for casual (yet refined) creative seafood dishes (their uni carbonara is to die for), AOC for California-style tapas and Mediterranean-influenced comfort food with great wine pairings, Trois Mec or Petit Trois by Ludovic Lefebvre for reinvented French bistro food

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

Tragic news and huge loss. Here's Looking at You is one of my favorite restaurants in LA, where I had some of the most interesting and memorable foods (and cocktails).

https://la.eater.com/2024/2/9/24066577/jonathan-whitener-chef-passed-away-age-36-los-angeles-heres-looking-at-you