• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Happy Pi Day!!

I so, So, SO want an apple pie from here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=clinton conover farms cape may county nj&ie=&oe=&npsic=0&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=39087638,-74814841,6438&tbm=lcl&rldimm=11560280036523858655&ved=0ahUKEwif-Jyi7uvZAhVCbK0KHctfC-UQvS4IVTAC&rldoc=1&tbs=lrf:!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:10#rlfi=hd:;si:5041352460458798536;mv:!1m3!1d52258.95417476991!2d-74.81484115!3d39.087638049999995!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i272!2i405!4f13.1  (sorry don't know how to embed the shortened form)

I call ahead whenever we are down the shore and get one on the way down and one to come home with.  They come out of the oven and the smell is AMAZING!  The stand about 8" high and are filled with apples.  That and a nice aged cheddar make me soooooooooo happy.

• Like 2

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Marie Callender's frozen pies and cobblers are available at the mainstream grocery stores here, and they are GOOD!. I like the cherry pie and the blackberry cobblers, the best I think, but I haven't had a bad one. Peach is great too *drool*.

A lot of places had special offers for Pi Day around here, including Your Pie. I would definitely have walked up there for a $3.14 pizza if I could have. Amazing deal, because you didn't even have to buy anything else. They did this on their opening day too while I was in the nursing home. I had been eagerly awaiting their opening since this past summer when it was announced they intended it to be then. It's in the same plaza as the liquor store and across the street from Harris Teeter and Primo Pizza where I was walking to regularly. I haven't been to Your Pie yet, but it's on my agenda as soon as I'm free of this wheelchair.

I had a Pepperidge Farm apple turnover for dessert tonight. It's a hand pie, right?

Happy Pi Day, y'all!

• Like 1

> ^ . . ^ <

Having been busy grandmothering this week (His Highness had some surgery, and hasn't been released to return to preschool yet, so the works-from-home grandmother becomes the de facto babysitter; consequently neither work nor much cooking got done) so there was no Pi Day pi(e). I still have tart pie cherries; there may be a cherry pi(e) tonight. Pi plus 0.01, anyone?

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com