• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TechieTechie

TechieTechie

25 minutes ago, boilsover said:

Very nice stove!  Does it have a thermowell?

No, thermowells were a Chambers brand distinction only found on Chambers. I chose OKM over Chambers because the OKM oven was larger, it had a 2nd full size oven, the burner BTUs are higher than Chambers (12/15k versus 9k), and I'd prefer 3 more burners rather than a thermowell. But Chambers have their devotees, so they must be doing something right!

Good news is that I just found a Antique Stove repair guy in Greater Boston. Whoo Hoo!!!!!

TechieTechie

TechieTechie

22 minutes ago, boilsover said:

Very nice stove!  Does it have a thermowell?

No, thermowells were a Chambers brand 'gimmick'. I chose OKM over Chambers because OKM oven was larger, it had a 2nd full size oven, the burner BTUs are higher, and I'd prefer 3 more burners rather than a thermowell. But Chambers have their devotees, so they must be doing something right!

Good news is that I just found a Antique Stove repair guy in Greater Boston. Whoo Hoo!!!!!