• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Trufflenaut

Trufflenaut

54 minutes ago, pastrygirl said:

How do you keep them from sticking together while tumbling?  Aside from stickiness, I wonder if just tumbling them for a while would round off all the corners. 

If they’re rounded enough, they don’t stick together - tumbling would round the corners pretty well, but I don’t think it would be sufficient to get them round enough (basically it would make rounded cubes, like gambling dice) - I need as close to spheres as I can get, since any flat spots will stick together once I start panning.

(I might try it though, if no one has any better ideas)

Trufflenaut

Trufflenaut

47 minutes ago, pastrygirl said:

How do you keep them from sticking together while tumbling?  Aside from stickiness, I wonder if just tumbling them for a while would round off all the corners. 

If they’re rounded enough, they don’t stick together - tumbling would round the corners pretty well, but I don’t think it would be sufficient to get them round enough (basically it would make rounded cubes, like gambling dice) - I need as close to spheres as I can get, since any flat spots will stick together once I start panning.