• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Japanese Culinary Academy’s Complete Japanese Cuisine Series

gibbs

On 3/10/2018 at 3:22 AM, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I have all the volumes released so far and a pre-order for the next.  Run, don't walk.

So worth getting then do I have to get the first one and work my through them or could I start with the first in the cutting series?

If cutting large fish is your thing there is no reason you couldn't start with that volume.  I can't recall any references back to the earlier books.

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

On 3/14/2018 at 3:31 AM, JoNorvelleWalker said:

If cutting large fish is your thing there is no reason you couldn't start with that volume.  I can't recall any references back to the earlier books.

Thanks for that, based on the contents I think I may start with the seasoning book first as that probably would contain the most information that I can cross into other styles of cooking 

• Like 1