• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

5 hours ago, paulraphael said:

I like Il Lab also. I can't remember their coffee flavor. The closest I've had to my recipe is from Morgenstern's ... have you been there? 

But seriously, Mitch. I didn't think you'd give up so easily.

Yes, been to Morgenstern's and like their stuff.  Il Lab has an espresso flavor that I like as well.

I gave up on a lot of stuff where I find the purchased product is practically as good, if not better than my own, and because it's just so much easier!

Bread is another one - though I'll still work on flatbreads, but I can buy awesome bread at Maison Kayser, Balthazar Bakery, Pain D'Avignon, Hot Bread Bakery, etc. etc, 

weinoo

weinoo

5 hours ago, paulraphael said:

I like Il Lab also. I can't remember their coffee flavor. The closest I've had to my recipe is from Morgenstern's ... have you been there? 

But seriously, Mitch. I didn't think you'd give up so easily.

Yes, been to Morgenstern's and like their stuff.  Il Lab has an espresso flavor that I like as well.

I gave up on a lot of stuff where I find the purchased product is practically as good, if not better, than my own, and because it's just so much easier!