• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Parisian Chocolatiers who ship to the States

Is anyone here aware of chocolatiers in Paris (or genuinely excellent chocolatiers elsewhere in France) who ship to the US? Both Patrick Roger and Jean-Paul Hévin used to do so, but appear to have stopped. Henri Le Roux does, and though I'm not familiar with his work, I may give it a shot. Any advice would be greatly appreciated; I'm in serious need of inspiration!

P.S. I'm in NYC, so already have access to LMDC, and if anyone wants to bring me a box from Le Chocolat Alain Ducasse... I might just marry you. ;)

Formerly known as "Melange"

With the number of elite chocolatiers to be found in the U.S. and Canada these days, I can't even imagine wanting to go to the trouble, expense and risk of having high-end chocolates shipped in from France. But to each their own. Best of luck with your search.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

Thanks. Frankly, though there a couple of chocolatiers I admire in the States, I'm simply not terribly excited about most domestic bonbon producers. As far as bean-to-bar chocolate goes however, we're certainly experiencing a renaissance.

Edited by Stephanie Wallace (log)

Formerly known as "Melange"