• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smokeydoke

Smokeydoke

I going to make a confession, I do not like Champagne. It tastes awful to me. I'd rather have sparkling wine (I like Gloria Ferrar) or Prosecco. I'm a Philistine, what can I say?

But I will say this, there's very little difference between the Kirkland Champagne and the De Margerie. They are both very dry and have a not-so-pleasant sour after-note. There's not much flavor. The Kirkland is drier but the De Margerie was more bubbly.

If I had to buy Champagne, I'd go with Kirkland, De Margerie gets wonderful reviews but Kirkland is half the price.

Smokeydoke

Smokeydoke

I going to make a confession, I do not like Champagne. It tastes awful to me. I'd rather have sparkling wine (I like Gloria Ferrar) or Prosecco. I'm a Philistine, what can I say?

But I will say this, there's very little difference between the Kirkland Champagne and the De Margerie. They are both very dry and have a not-so-pleasant sour after note. There's not much flavor. The Kirkland is drier but the De Margerie was more bubbly.

If I had to buy Champagne, I'd go with Kirkland, De Margerie gets wonderful reviews but Kirkland is half the price.