• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smokeydoke

Smokeydoke

Whew! It was a stressful week, I am ready for the weekend! Let the eating begin....

Friday night means cocktail night. Last night's performance was Bijou.

A0B0AF12-BA8C-4873-A8F0-5EF9D2C995B3.JPG.ae0d840cd37329b5fea72f0b0da71b09.JPG

11/2 oz gin

3/4 oz Chartreuse

1 oz sweet vermouth

2 dashes orange bitters

garnish with orange peel

You know how I always complain the wash line is too low on cocktails? Well, someone came up with a solution, make it a double! Brilliant. Which is exactly what I did here. :S

Let's just say Bijous should not be filled to the top of the glass, unless you're ready for a nap. It's strong and spirit-forward but I really enjoyed it. Went down smooth as silk. I'm loving sweet vermouth much more than I thought I would.

Smokeydoke

Smokeydoke

Whew! It was a stressful week, I am ready for the weekend! Let the eating begin....

Friday night means cocktail night. Last night's performance was Bijou.

A0B0AF12-BA8C-4873-A8F0-5EF9D2C995B3.JPG.ae0d840cd37329b5fea72f0b0da71b09.JPG

11/2 ou gin

3/4 oz Chartreuse

1 oz sweet vermouth

2 dashes orange bitters

garnish with orange peel

You know how I always complain the wash line is too low on cocktails? Well, someone came up with a solution, make it a double! Brilliant. Which is exactly what I did here. :S

Let's just say Bijous should not be filled to the top of the glass, unless you're ready for a nap. It's strong and spirit-forward but I really enjoyed it. Went down smooth as silk. I'm loving sweet vermouth much more than I thought I would.