• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Valrhona Inspirations

pastrygirl

Here's the proportions I used - didn't write down the instructions for some reason - but I recall I mixed mine up in the Sumeet.

Mango Bar with Chili Lime Salt

Ingredients

42 grams freeze dried mango powder
40 grams cocoa butter
15 grams sugar, or less
½ tsp amchour powder
1 drop lime oil
Chili Lime Salt
2 tbsp flaky salt, like maldon
1 tsp aleppo pepper
zest of 2 limes
Method

Chili Lime Salt: salt and chili on baking sheet, grate over the lime zest - 200 F for 10 min or so until dry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

This French company is selling Valrhona Inspirations in small quantities

https://www.laboetgato.fr/fr/inspiration/15446-inspiration-passion-couverture-de-fruits-feves-200-g-3333330250706.html

I think they deliver world wide, their site now shows currency and language choices while previously it was all French.  Their “English” pages show the US flag so I’m guessing they aren’t particularly targeting UK customers.  There is technical info on the page linked to above including a tempering guide.

• Like 1