• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

julie99nl

julie99nl

51 minutes ago, Rajala said:

Are these new? Thought I saw them long ago. Hmm... 

I'm more interested in Ruby to be honest. Anyone here tried Ruby? Sorry if I go off topic here. :)

They are not that new for us in Europe...Double ferments are newer. I know you are standing at the front of the queue for Ruby. :B

I find the double ferments and ruby a little more interesting simply because they work from the bean fermentation point to manipulate flavor and color, while  Valrhona inspirations is fruit purees added to cocoa butter and sugar.

julie99nl

julie99nl

49 minutes ago, Rajala said:

Are these new? Thought I saw them long ago. Hmm... 

I'm more interested in Ruby to be honest. Anyone here tried Ruby? Sorry if I go off topic here. :)

They are not that new for us in Europe...Double ferments are newer. I know you are standing at the front of the queue for Ruby. :B