• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

José Andrés - Beard Humanitarian

heidih

I don't think we have enough accolades on earth to honor this amazing man!  He is the very definition

of the word humanitarian.  Personally I would like to see him be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.   His

kindness knows no boundaries.  If food equals love,  this man knows the recipe for it!

Can you tell that I am in awe of him?

• Like 10

• 2 years later...

Another reason to admire the Chef:

"Chef José Andrés delivers food to US Capitol law enforcement following riots"

Thanking the "heroic women and men" who were working to secure Washington D.C. on Wednesday, Andrés announced that he was delivering 120 pizzas to the National Guard and police officers after rioters stormed the Capitol building. Due to an emergency curfew put in place, he added that since there were no restaurants open, he wanted everyone "to be taken care of."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver