• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Drunk w Success : non-alcoholic beer

rotuts

this was from the NBYTimes ;

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/19/sports/olympics/germany-olympics-beer.html

I don't know how to try to get it another way.

studies have suggested NAB has help benefits

for review purposes :

b1.thumb.jpg.dedcb2f246b4a776d78393072ebdcaa6.jpg

and

B2.thumb.jpg.9b77710c7a475e9ff18cd596e2f1e784.jpg

the study :

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21659904

apparently its inmproved

have you tried any that are redly available in NAmerica ?

elsewhrere ?

lastly:

b3.jpg.5ef1b37d7893dc85e9c3cbf15ec75ca7.jpg

money-mouth.gif.5a7c74cc9e9b453480d31a2d94502886.gif

Edited by rotuts (log)

A small Mexican restaurant nearby doesn't have a proper license to sell beer or wine but does offer non-alcoholic beer.

I tried one and it was surprisingly good but maybe because I didn't expect very much.  That restaurant closed and I've never tried na beer again since I can get the good stuff anyplace.

I drink it fairly regularly, especially in summer, because I find it refreshing and water is my only other non-hot beverage on a daily basis. Does it *really* taste like beer? No. Is it beer-like? Yeah, sure. Beats the heck out of sweet, sticky pop, and as a rule I'm not a fan of flavored soda waters either. 

The brand I drink is the "Red Brew" from Superstore, one of Canada's two major supermarket chains (supermarkets in Canada don't sell the real thing, as a rule, under provincial liquor laws). I haven't essayed a broad taste-test of what's available; I stopped when I found one I considered passable. 

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

• 4 weeks later...

Like @chromedome we enjoy non-alcohol beers on hot days.  The 1664 variety is palatable and refreshing.  Having said that we have a crate of the stuff that’s been in store for at least a year.  Perhaps says more about recent summers than the quality of the drink.