• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Refrigerator Magnets

weinoo

LOL Gee, that was unintentional. It's not at all like me to miss a potential pun. 

• Like 2

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

16 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Could you link your hook?

Here you go:

L-Fine Magnetic Hooks Strong Heavy Duty Refrigerator Neodymium Magnets Pull Power, 40 lb., Pack of 4

• Like 2

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

6 minutes ago, weinoo said:

I have succumbed...

IMG_1567.JPG.298bd733e105f76c1517568d1ba2b46d.JPG

That's too cute! xD

;)

• Like 1

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:45 PM, gfweb said:

I use the magnets from the back of name tags at meetings. Amazingly strong for such a light usage. 

Some very heavy duty one can be found in the bottom of shower curtain liners.  After my step dad came home from the knife show with some, I realized where they came from.  So now I cut out  the ones when I recycle the used liners.  (I do cut up the curtains before recycle as most places won't accept them or any long thing... garden hose, ropes, etc. .... that might jam up the equipment )

• Like 2

And this old porch is like a steaming greasy plate of enchiladas,With lots of cheese and onions and a guacamole salad ...This Old Porch...Lyle Lovett

I have a few things on the fridge in this house. I love the K-Cup holder, it's up above the counter and out of the way, but still really handy. And the small Charles Viancin silicon lids adhere nicely, so get stored here. My favourite magnet is Jasper the Bear. Other than that, pretty boring stuff. 

IMG_20180309_151732.thumb.jpg.05c26986daea22cbc102f52baf4ac683.jpg

IMG_20180309_150152.thumb.jpg.2ade67a6b425d51028dbec8bfbc7dce6.jpg

Actually, wondering if anyone can recommend magnets for the back of another K-Cup holder for our other house. The fridge there is stainless steel and although the sides are magnetic, it doesn't seem like quite enough to hold that holder in place. I was thinking of adding some magnets, either glue them on or find some single-side adhesive ones. This is what the back looks like. 

IMG_20180309_150230.thumb.jpg.9f98e1fec004e8729f7f467f40fb082b.jpg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, FauxPas said:

I have a few things on the fridge in this house. I love the K-Cup holder, it's up above the counter and out of the way, but still really handy. And the small Charles Viancin silicon lids adhere nicely, so get stored here. My favourite magnet is Jasper the Bear. Other than that, pretty boring stuff. 

IMG_20180309_151732.thumb.jpg.05c26986daea22cbc102f52baf4ac683.jpg

IMG_20180309_150152.thumb.jpg.2ade67a6b425d51028dbec8bfbc7dce6.jpg

Actually, wondering if anyone can recommend magnets for the back of another K-Cup holder for our other house. The fridge there is stainless steel and although the sides are magnetic, it doesn't seem like quite enough to hold that holder in place. I was thinking of adding some magnets, either glue them on or find some single-side adhesive ones. This is what the back looks like. 

IMG_20180309_150230.thumb.jpg.9f98e1fec004e8729f7f467f40fb082b.jpg

Thank you!  Never thought of sticking those lids to the fridge.  I am/was forever looking for them.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Okanagancook said:

I tried putting my lids on the fridge but they fell off when I went back 20 minutes later.  One small one and one large.  Humm.  Maybe I will give them a good wash and try again.

Mine also let go very quickly!   Too bad. I would love to store those on the fridge. 

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

3 minutes ago, FauxPas said:

For whatever reason, these ones hang on there really nicely and never fall off. 

It’s magic. xD

• Haha 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

• 2 weeks later...

So, I finally found time to redecorate the fridge after the painters left. 

DSCN8105.thumb.JPG.39e163b0de1d1cc9dc5c879c008bac0c.JPG

This is the "business" side - stuff I need while cooking.  

DSCN8106.thumb.JPG.5e521232b069defcf36f7842c899f1b7.JPG

This is the goofy side - Oz magnets, travel magnets and stuff only I find hilariously funny.

DSCN8108.JPG.3138e178f6e5a772cd02f54079f00607.JPG

Overflow - gift coupons (from Jessica - for things like movie night at her house and winery tours), freezer list, recycling and leaf collection schedules.  Upper left is a thank you photo to Mr. Kim from our most recent Governor.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

So, I finally found time to redecorate the fridge after the painters left. 

DSCN8105.thumb.JPG.39e163b0de1d1cc9dc5c879c008bac0c.JPG

This is the "business" side - stuff I need while cooking.  

DSCN8106.thumb.JPG.5e521232b069defcf36f7842c899f1b7.JPG

This is the goofy side - Oz magnets, travel magnets and stuff only I find hilariously funny.

DSCN8108.JPG.3138e178f6e5a772cd02f54079f00607.JPG

Overflow - gift coupons (from Jessica - for things like movie night at her house and winery tours), freezer list, recycling and leaf collection schedules.  Upper left is a thank you photo to Mr. Kim from our most recent Governor.

Yah! Yours is even funner than my fridges, and I always look on the photos and magnets stuck on mine as a source of fun. I also consider the power outage magnet the most important in coping with life though. I used to have a printer color photo of my red-headed niece, now 19, dangling the keys to her first car out the window and grinning like crazy. I've put it up somewhere because it was "too important". Like the images of my late and beloved cat, I have no idea where I have hidden these treasures that used to live on my fridges. Hanging important stuff on the fridge is very important to defining my home to me. As old as I am, I'm not ever going to take another thing off my fridge because it's "too important". I want to see it and know where it is. I want to enjoy it every day.

• Like 2

> ^ . . ^ <

I've had to squish them all onto the dishwasher, the fridge isn't magnetic 

IMG_4472.JPG

• Like 5

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

In the main kitchen, we have a non-magnetic stainless steel fridge front, and the sides are magnetic. So, I've got a list of kid's birthdays, a couple pics and drawings on one side, and the other side has my magnetic to-do list.  The kids find some of the best note pads..my personal favorite is the one with a beaver munching on a tree, and reads: Dam Important Things to do

The chocolate shop fridge only has magnetic sides, as the front is glass and is framed by non-magnetic ss. In there, I only have a to-do list on the accessible side. Its another gem my oldest daughter found, and reads:  Chocolate Doesn't Ask Silly Questions. Chocolate Understands. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

-Andrea

A 'balanced diet' means chocolate in BOTH hands. :biggrin:

I love the fridge magnet! We usually bring one from every vacation - especially the new places. We kind of have the map of vacation. My friends know that when they go on a trip they don't need to bring anything apart from the magnets :D