• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tempering with a JKV 30 wheel machine

artiesel

@artiesel I don’t personally know anyone with this machine, but you can check out some of The Chocolate Lab’s Instagram videos where they are using a JKV. Not many pointers about the specific machine, but at least you can see it in action. You may try a direct message to see if he will respond. Can’t hurt!

Artesial, can you provide some specifics about what you are attempting to learn?

are you having specific problems?   Yes, I had a JKV for,several years....

It’s been awhile, but, as I recall when I had my JKV, I raised the heat to melt the chocolate and the crystals.

at that temp, I turned on the wheel and lowered the temp to about 86 and then back up to 90, still with the wheel turning.

The first few times I used it, I was paranoid about my temper, so, of course, I always checked it and it worked great!  

I loved that machine....

if you want, PM me and we can work through issues you may be having.