• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

tikidoc

tikidoc

I picked up a small plastic storage shed (about 2’x2’x7’) made for rakes and garden implements. You could probably pick one up on Craig’s list if you keep an eye out but I got one on clearance. Installed the included shelf just a bit above waist height. Cut a hole in the back and hung a box fan (backwards, so it’s pulling air from the shed) with a household air filter hung in front of it. It works great, and has a bunch of storage on the lower shelves. Obviously not a good solution if space is an issue - I have this in a corner of my basement, where I have my “craft workshop” with all my chocolate stuff and storage for my yarns. The whole project was maybe $125.

tikidoc

tikidoc

I picked up a small plastic storage shed (about 2’x2’x7’) made for rakes and garden implements. You could probably pick one up on Craig’s list if you keep an eye out but I got one on clearance. Installed the included shelf just a bit above waist height. Cut a hole in the back and hung a box fan with a household air filter hung in front of it. It works great, and has a bunch of storage on the lower shelves. Obviously not a good solution if space is an issue - I have this in a corner of my basement, where I have my “craft workshop” with all my chocolate stuff and storage for my yarns. The whole project was maybe $125.