• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best way to freeze a whole chicken

KennethT

3 minutes ago, KennethT said:

@JoNorvelleWalker I don't know... I'd have to check it out...  my local supermarket (Fairway) carries Bell and Evans, but they're a lot more expensive than the store brand or Murray's... 

You may try just plain freezing the chickens without bagging.

Chicken skins are fatty and protects moisture from evaporating. If you stitch the openings tight that may protect the interior for freezer burn.

dcarch

Or you could go this route. 

• Like 3

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

5 hours ago, Anna N said:

Or you could go this route. 

On the one hand, I was hoping that was going to end with an awesome dip in liquid nitrogen or something.  On the other hand, now I know why the bags always leak when they are thawing in the fridge.

Edited by rustwood (log)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2