• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

robirdstx

robirdstx

12 hours ago, MetsFan5 said:

... I’m curious as to what time others have dinner and why. 

During the week, my husband doesn’t usually get home from work before 6pm. He usually eats light at breakfast and lunch, so is hungry and ready for his main meal of the day at dinner. I try to have dinner ready at around 7:00. This gives him time to have a drink and relax before we eat. On the weekends, it just depends on what we are doing, sometimes early, sometimes late, sometimes just snacking.

robirdstx

robirdstx

11 hours ago, MetsFan5 said:

... I’m curious as to what time others have dinner and why. 

During the week, my husband doesn’t usually get home from work before 6pm. He usually eats light at breakfast and lunch, so is hungry and ready for his main meal of the day at dinner. I try to have dinner around 7:00. This gives him time to have a drink and relax before we eat. On the weekends, it just depends on what we are doing, sometimes early, sometimes late, sometimes just snacking.