• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Incorporating a veggie into a carni family

My daughter's aide is a vegetarian (will eat eggs and do dairy). When she is staying with us at our cabin, can you give me some suggestions for incorporating her dietary requirements into those of our family (two members of which are serious carnivores)? I strive to avoid being a short order cook.

And, thank you for participating in this Q & A.

Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

Snowangel: good question! Best way to feed one and all is to offer a substantial side dish containing grains, cheese, and leafy greens along with the meat main course. That way, your veggie eater can find plenty of nutrients while the rest of the family can be serious carnivores. That means you need not cook several different meals, and everyone can eat together. Also have plenty of yogurt and yogurt drinks on hand everyone can benefit! and fresh fruit.