• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

Fixed a typo

19 hours ago, Smithy said:

We stick to more or less the same "dull" breakfasts and lunches every day, since I'm disinclined to cook (and clean up) for those meals and we have our easy preferences. For instance, breakfast or brunch is often fruit with toast and avocado (or cheese) for me; fruit salad and Cheerios for him. That said, they have some great-looking dishes for those meals and I've kept on the full plan for the sake of seeing them. The Margherita pita pizza looks like something I'd use for dinner. Thanks for that!

John eats 2 of these while I have 1.  What is nice is you can put lots of low calorie stuff on them and it still doesn't amount to much in the way of calories.

We are not breakfast eaters, but will have breakfast type stuff for lunch sometimes.  I'll have Greek-type yogurt mixed with fresh pineapple with bran buds on top or the aforementioned eggs.  I'm also a fan of steel cut oats.  Today I am making a crustless fresh spinach and feta quiche.  Something that I eat a lot more off than I used to is fruit.  I never used to eat much of it now I am never without grapes, pineapple and mandarins.  Slowly but surely we are getting there.

ElsieD

ElsieD

19 hours ago, Smithy said:

We stick to more or less the same "dull" breakfasts and lunches every day, since I'm disinclined to cook (and clean up) for those meals and we have our easy preferences. For instance, breakfast or brunch is often fruit with toast and avocado (or cheese) for me; fruit salad and Cheerios for him. That said, they have some great-looking dishes for those meals and I've kept on the full plan for the sake of seeing them. The Margherita pita pizza looks like something I'd use for dinner. Thanks for that!

John eats 2 of these while I have 1.  What is nice is you can put lots of low calorie stuff on them and it still doesn't amount to much in the way of calories.

We are not breakfast eaters, but will have breakfast type stuff for lunch sometimes.  I'll have Greek-type yogurt mixed with fresh pineapple with bran buds on top or the aforementioned eggs.  I'm also a fan of steel cut oats.  Today I am making a crustless fresh spinach and feta quiche.  Something that I eat a lot more off then I used to is fruit.  I never used to eat much of it now I am never without grapes, pineapple and mandarins.  Slowly but surely we are getting there.