• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

AAQuesada

AAQuesada

Working too many hours opening a new restaurant in I was shaving large bunches of chives and as I always keep my Japanese knives super sharp (sharper than my mind at the time lol) let my thumb stick out a bit and took off a good nickle sized piece. Didn't really feel it at first -just saw it on the side of my knife and thought 'oh, that's not sanitary and flicked it in the trash bin. Luckily the Chef Consultant was more on it than I was and by the time I figured out what was going on the thumb was wrapped up (she really was bad ass). I refused to go to the hospital (sigh). It took a good month and a half to heal and every time I bumped it wrong.....   

AAQuesada

AAQuesada

Working too many hours opening a new restaurant in I was shaving large bunches of chives and as I always keep my Japanese knives super sharp (sharper than my mind at the time lol) let my thumb stick out a bit and took off a good nickle sized piece. Didn't really feel it at first -just saw it on the side of my knife and thought 'oh, that's not sanitary and flicked it in the trash bin. Luckily the Chef Consultant was more on it than I was and by the time I figured out what was going on it was wrapped up (she really was bad ass). I refused to go to the hospital (sigh). It took a good month and a half to heal and every time I bumped it wrong.....