• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fine Dining in NYC circa 1896: The Alienist

Lisa Shock

Saveur has an interesting interview with the person responsible for accurately recreating the food New York residents would have enjoyed in 1896 on a new show called 'The Alienist'. The show premieres in the US on Monday, January 22. I'll have my eyes peeled for wide-tined ice cream forks and bone dishes!

• Like 4

TNT and TBS both had a showing tonight not sure if it was the first  entire episode. . Can't say I saw anything such as dining. I'll save my reviews for a more appropriate  forum :P

And this old porch is like a steaming greasy plate of enchiladas,With lots of cheese and onions and a guacamole salad ...This Old Porch...Lyle Lovett