• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gulfporter

gulfporter

5 hours ago, lindag said:

I keep butter in my porcelain butter keeper on the counter year round.  Never tastes off and nothing ever gets into it.  Sure beats trying to spread ice cold butter onto toast.

Leaving butter out in tropical (FL) or semi-tropical (MX) climates is just begging for bugs.  

Like the relatively thin pats this knocks out....zap it onto my toasted English muffin and by the time I pour my coffee the pats are soft, ez to spread. 

Not looking for sympathy but both my hands are affected with Duputryn's Contracture.  My right hand's pinky and ring fingers are totally curled under and useless   The middle finger is not as bad but disease is progressive.  My left hand is a little better..just the pinky is useless, though my ring and middle fingers are bent pretty badly.  

For those unfamiliar with disease, here's a link with pics...the condition of right hand looks almost exactly like the 2nd photo on page:

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/329414-overview 

gulfporter

gulfporter

5 hours ago, lindag said:

I keep butter in my porcelain butter keeper on the counter year round.  Never tastes off and nothing ever gets into it.  Sure beats trying to spread ice cold butter onto toast.

Leaving butter out in tropical (FL) or semi-tropical (MX) climates is just begging for bugs.  

Like the relatively thin pats this knocks out....zap it onto my English muffin and by the time I pour my coffee the pats are soft, ez to spread. 

Not looking for sympathy but both my hands are affected with Duputryn's Contracture.  My right hand's pinky and ring fingers are totally curled under and useless   The middle finger is not as bad but disease is progressive.  My left hand is a little better..just the pinky is useless, though my ring and middle fingers are bent pretty badly.  

For those unfamiliar with disease, here's a link with pics...the condition of right hand looks almost exactly like the 2nd photo on page:

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/329414-overview