• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

My second day of chocolate making.  Same bars and hearts as shown before.  Things went more smoothly.  Still mess, but mess was less.

Some observations:

The KitchenAid Precise Heat Mixing Bowl shuts off after about ten hours if no timer is set.

Only two quick checks with the thermometer -- I've learned that I can pretty much trust the bowl to do its thing.

A Zerostat works before unmolding to prevent finished pieces from attracting all the little chocolate fragments in the kitchen.

Edit:  since it was in a different thread, here's what *not* using the zerostat looked like...

Hearts09272018.png

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

My second day of chocolate making.  Same bars and hearts as shown before.  Things went more smoothly.  Still mess, but mess was less.

Some observations:

The KitchenAid Precise Heat Mixing Bowl shuts off after about ten hours if no timer is set.

Only two quick checks with the thermometer -- I've learned that I can pretty much trust the bowl to do its thing.

A Zerostat works before unmolding to prevent finished pieces from attracting all the little chocolate fragments in the kitchen.