• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

jbates

jbates

7 hours ago, Artisanne said:

Sous Vide Immersion Circulator. Not necessary, but I do create the silk that I can grate into chocolate to help temper it (mostly when I'm having difficulty due to humidity on location). I would prefer an EZ Temper for that, but I can't afford one yet. I also use the sous vide to caramelize white chocolate and I use it as a melter and to hold chocolate at temperature. 

Good idea. What sort of containers do you use for the silk and molten chocolate? Have you had any problems with water leaks or condensation?

Have you got any photos of your setup that you can share?

I've learned a lot looking through this forum and from following chocolatiers on Instagram and watching videos on Youtube. 

That’s where I’ve got a lot of mine as well. I follow a bunch of pastry chefs as well since they also use a lot of chocolate for decorating, etc.

jbates

jbates

Sous Vide Immersion Circulator. Not necessary, but I do create the silk that I can grate into chocolate to help temper it (mostly when I'm having difficulty due to humidity on location). I would prefer an EZ Temper for that, but I can't afford one yet. I also use the sous vide to caramelize white chocolate and I use it as a melter and to hold chocolate at temperature. 

Good idea. What sort of containers do you use for the silk and molten chocolate? Have you had any problems with water leaks or condensation?

Have you got any photos of your setup that you can share?

I've learned a lot looking through this forum and from following chocolatiers on Instagram and watching videos on Youtube. 

That’s where I’ve got a lot of mine as well. I follow a bunch of pastry chefs as well since hey also use a lot of chocolate for decorating, etc.

jbates

jbates

That’s where I’ve got a lot of mine as well. I follow a bunch of pastry chefs as well since hey also use a lot of chocolate for decorating, etc.