• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

8 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Make no mistake: a lot of people here are well acquainted with was is authentic in different European countries, because in cities like Hong Kong, Singapore, Shanghai or Tokyo you will find fantastic recreations of those dishes. And the value and appreciate it for what it is.

Tgat does not mean that the mainstream flavour (and that is what the fast food chains are catering for) will demand for something else ...

Indeed. The best pizza I ever ate outside Italy was right here in town. The place was operated by a local who had lived in S. Korea for many years. S. Korea knows its pizzas. He had come home to semi-retire and made stunning pizzas (without corn or Kewpie).

No one bit. The place was near empty every time I went and, inevitably, after about a year it closed down. Three months later, Pizza Hut opened and there were long lines down the block to eat garbage. I wept.

liuzhou

liuzhou

3 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Make no mistake: a lot of people here are well acquainted with was is authentic in different European countries, because in cities like Hong Kong, Singapore, Shanghai or Tokyo you will find fantastic recreations of those dishes. And the value and appreciate it for what it is.

Tgat does not mean that the mainstream flavour (and that is what the fast food chains are catering for) will demand for something else ...

Indeed. The best pizza I ever ate outside Italy was right here in town. The place was operated by a local who had lived in S. Korea for many years. S. Korea knows it's pizzas. He had come home to semi-retire and made stunning pizzas (without corn or Kewpie).

No one bit. The place was near empty every time I went and, inevitably, after about a year it closed down. Three months later, Pizza Hut opened and there were long lines down the block to eat garbage. I wept.