• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Sign in to follow this  
boilsover

"You. Need. That. Suction."

Well I miss my Dustbuster. I no longer have space for it nor even an outlet where it could be plugged in but many a day  I wish it were not so.   

• Like 1

Finally, cordless vacuums are useful now with rechargeable  lithium batteries.

Also very good for sucking up ants and spiders in the kitchen.

dcarch

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Anna N said:

Well I miss my Dustbuster. I no longer have space for it nor even an outlet where it could be plugged in but many a day  I wish it were not so.   

Don't get me wrong, I think they're very useful.  I was just visualizing Brad alternating between floor, countertop and cutting board.  You wouldn't touch your food contact surfaces with your floor mop, would you?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lisa Shock said:

He's also not sanitizing the surface the debris was sitting on, so he's leaving a lot of bacteria behind. And, yeah, touching all those surfaces creeps me out.

I love that people here notice this sort of thing, after years of trying to explain to people about proper cleanliness and spreading germs in a more medical environment. It makes me feel like the world isn’t a completely stupid sort of place. (Especially after watching too much tv cooking. Don’t lick your fingers and then go back to what you were doing, omg!)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, dcarch said:

Also very good for sucking up ants and spiders in the kitchen.

Our Dustbuster is called “the bug sucker”   xD

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BetD said:

Our Dustbuster is called “the bug sucker”   xD

Do you call the ones that crawl back out "Jonah"?

2 minutes ago, boilsover said:

Do you call the ones that crawl back out "Jonah"?

Heheheh..... no crawl outs, have a cling wrap cover in place!!    (“Cover” being a politer version of what we actually call it  :$)

2 minutes ago, BetD said:

Heheheh..... no crawl outs, have a cling wrap cover in place!!    (“Cover” being a politer version of what we actually call it  :$)

Then allow me to bestow on the escapees the name "Houdini".

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By weinoo
      I've started a few topics about various renovation related subjects (here and here), but figured I'd put the overall project in its own. Pix often tell the story even better...

It helps to have these. Well, you need to have these if you expect to get anything done in your coop.

Then stuff can start...

And then start getting rebuilt.

A little better electrical system.

New pipes have to be done in the walls.

This Started on September 8th. They've had approximately 25 days on which work was done.

Proceeding along nicely, I'd say.
    • By ChefDavid84
      Hi, I'm David. I'm in the process of starting a new venture, and need some advice. I'm starting a catering company to cater to 4 golf courses, and hope to expand into other offsite catering after a year or so. I'm looking for a space to put a central kitchen to cook everything, and truck it out from there. We will be serving about 1200 people per weekend. Im having trouble visualizing how big of a kitchen space I'm going to need, and am having trouble finding anything online to help calculate the size of said space. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.    Thanks in advance,   Chef David
    • By boilsover
      She's already always listening, mining and snitching you out.  But now she's prepared to nuke Fluffy if you're too squeamish:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/4/16849306/alexa-microwave-oven-controls-added-ge-kenmore-lg-samsung-amazon
    • By boombonniewhale
      Hello! I was wondering if anyone on here has tried using an induction cooktop with confection making (caramels, fondant, marshmallows ect...). My stove has literally three settings, and the low setting still burns sugar and there is no such thing as maintaining any sort of "simmer". I was looking into getting a cooktop and buying some copper sugar pots and mauviel makes this thing that goes inbetween. I would love to hear any input into this idea or your experiences!

~Sarah
    • By pmilas
      HI guys,

I'm here for a bit of advice. We are building a house (in Croatia, Europe), and finally have a chance to build a kitchen as i want it
      We would like to get a professional combi oven, something like this new Rational (a bit pricey) or this UNOX (better price) so that we have a long term solution for our needs.
      The reason we are going for the professional oven is that, for example UNOX, is cheaper than "home combi ovens" from brands like Miele, Gaggenau, etc. and are much better than those.

Does anyone have any experience with pro combis at home? i have only seen a couple of people, at least on the internet, that have them at home. I guess that setup would not be a problem, because we designed a water inlet and outlet for the oven, and the voltage is OK. is there anything we didnt think of? Will that oven have higher maintananace cost, even if its used only couple of days a week?

Thanks for help

P