• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"You. Need. That. Suction."

boilsover

Well I miss my Dustbuster. I no longer have space for it nor even an outlet where it could be plugged in but many a day  I wish it were not so.   

• Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

5 hours ago, Anna N said:

Well I miss my Dustbuster. I no longer have space for it nor even an outlet where it could be plugged in but many a day  I wish it were not so.   

Don't get me wrong, I think they're very useful.  I was just visualizing Brad alternating between floor, countertop and cutting board.  You wouldn't touch your food contact surfaces with your floor mop, would you?

• Like 3

15 hours ago, boilsover said:

https://www.bonappetit.com/story/brads-favorite-appliance-dustbuster

I don't think I'll be eating at Brad's...

He's also not sanitizing the surface the debris was sitting on, so he's leaving a lot of bacteria behind. And, yeah, touching all those surfaces creeps me out.

4 hours ago, Lisa Shock said:

He's also not sanitizing the surface the debris was sitting on, so he's leaving a lot of bacteria behind. And, yeah, touching all those surfaces creeps me out.

I love that people here notice this sort of thing, after years of trying to explain to people about proper cleanliness and spreading germs in a more medical environment. It makes me feel like the world isn’t a completely stupid sort of place. (Especially after watching too much tv cooking. Don’t lick your fingers and then go back to what you were doing, omg!)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, dcarch said:

Also very good for sucking up ants and spiders in the kitchen.

Our Dustbuster is called “the bug sucker”   xD

• Like 1

"There are no mistakes in bread baking, only more bread crumbs"

*Bernard Clayton, Jr.

2 minutes ago, boilsover said:

Do you call the ones that crawl back out "Jonah"?

Heheheh..... no crawl outs, have a cling wrap cover in place!!    (“Cover” being a politer version of what we actually call it  :$)

"There are no mistakes in bread baking, only more bread crumbs"

*Bernard Clayton, Jr.

2 minutes ago, BetD said:

Heheheh..... no crawl outs, have a cling wrap cover in place!!    (“Cover” being a politer version of what we actually call it  :$)

Then allow me to bestow on the escapees the name "Houdini".