• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Spelling

Yesterday, @Kerry Beal shared a menu offering a Cherry Negroni using Dillon's Cherry Gin, which sounds interesting but isn't something I've seen around here  But it got me to thinking about a Sloe Gin Negroni.  I found 2 previous mentions here on eG.  This one suggested using a standard recipe with "half a measure of sloe gin"  while this one omitted regular gin and went with equal parts sloe gin, campari and sweet vermouth plus some orange bitters. 

I picked a recipe from the Sipsmith website:  equal parts London dry gin (I used Tanquery), sloe gin (Plymouth), Campari and sweet vermouth (Cocchi) with an orange wedge. 

I quite liked it. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Yesterday, @Kerry Beal shared a menu offering a Cherry Negroni using Dillon's Cherry Gin, which sounds interesting but isn't something I've seen around here  But it got me to thinking about a Sloe Gin Negroni.  I found 2 previous mentions here on eG.  This one suggested using a standard recipe with "half a measure of sloe gin"  while this one omitted regular gin and went with equal parts sloe gin, campari and sweet vermouth plus some orange bitters. 

I picked a recipe from the Sipsmith website:  equal parts London dry gin (I used Tanquery), sloe gin (Plymouth), Campari and sweet vermouth (Coccihi) with an orange wedge. 

I quite liked it.