• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

1 hour ago, lindag said:

A friend was telling me yesterday about a cocktail she had while visiting in Leavenworth WA.

It was a Spicy Watermelon Martini.  It sounds like something I'd really enjoy but I've no idea how to make one.

Any ideas?

I’d try 2 oz gin (or vodka, if you must), 1 oz lemon or lime juice, 3/4 oz simple syrup, 2 oz watermelon juice (from blending a watermelon;  I would start with 2 oz and add more based on taste but you don’t want to dilute your drink too much). Not sure what the spice was but you can experiment with a pinch of cayenne or espelette (like in a Holland Razo Blade). This would be nice with mint too.

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

58 minutes ago, lindag said:

A friend was telling me yesterday about a cocktail she had while visiting in Leavenworth WA.

It was a Spicy Watermelon Martini.  It sounds like something I'd really enjoy but I've no idea how to make one.

Any ideas?

I’d try 2 oz gin (or vodka, if you must), 1 oz lemon or lime juice, 3/4 oz simple, 2 oz watermelon juice (from blending a watermelon;  I would start with 2 oz and add more based on taste but you don’t want to dilute your drink too much). Not sure what the spice was but you can experiment with a pinch of cayenne or espelette (like in a Holland Razo Blade). This would be nice with mint too.