• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Craig E

Craig E

corrected proof/abv misstatement

Midnight Prayer
by Brian MacGregor, Jardinière, San Francisco, CA.

• 1 1/2 oz Gin, G'Vine Floraison (Plymouth Navy Strength)
  • 3/4 oz St. Germain
  • 1 t Crème de Violette
  • dash Regans' orange bitters

Stir, strain, up, lemon twist.

For those in the "St. Germain makes everything better" camp, this drink will confirm your bias. Its sweet lychee flavor added instant appeal to this sourless Aviation. I've never had the G'Vine gin, but figured the navy strength Plymouth would be closer to the original intentions than the London dry gins I have on hand. I was amazed that high octane of the base spirit (57 ABV) was wholly masked by the mix. 

midnightprayer 1.png

Craig E

Craig E

Midnight Prayer
by Brian MacGregor, Jardinière, San Francisco, CA.

• 1 1/2 oz Gin, G'Vine Floraison (Plymouth Navy Strength)
  • 3/4 oz St. Germain
  • 1 t Crème de Violette
  • dash Regans' orange bitters

Stir, strain, up, lemon twist.

For those in the "St. Germain makes everything better" camp, this drink will confirm your bias. Its sweet lychee flavor added instant appeal to this sourless Aviation. I've never had the G'Vine gin, but figured the navy strength Plymouth would be closer to the original intentions than the London dry gins I have on hand. I was amazed that high octane of the base spirit (57 proof) was wholly masked by the mix. 

midnightprayer 1.png