• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

forgot breadcrumbs

Grilled or Roasted Summer Squash with Caper-Raisin Vinaigrette from Six Seasons p 211. 

IMG_8521.thumb.jpg.7f371ec6af51091860c4ec05c4e9dfe9.jpg
That caper-raisin vinaigrette - not sure why anchovy isn't in the name since it uses a whole tin of them 1f643.png - isn't the prettiest sauce but it sure packs a lot of flavor and turns a simple dish of grilled squash and fresh tomatoes into something very special. I'll certainly make this again and put that sauce on everything!
I had lots of tomatoes but no Sun Golds or other cherry varieties so I cut up a few nice heirloom tomatoes. I quartered the zucchini instead of just cutting them in half and rinsed and blotted it after salting. They picked up a lot of color before they were tender so I transferred them from the grill pan to the CSO to cook for a few more minutes.

Edited to add that this is supposed to be topped with dried breadcrumbs, which I forgot to add even though they were right in front of me.  I put them on my next plateful 🙃 and they add a nice crunch, but the dish is good either way. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Grilled or Roasted Summer Squash with Caper-Raisin Vinaigrette from Six Seasons p 211. 

IMG_8521.thumb.jpg.7f371ec6af51091860c4ec05c4e9dfe9.jpg
That caper-raisin vinaigrette - not sure why anchovy isn't in the name since it uses a whole tin of them 1f643.png - isn't the prettiest sauce but it sure packs a lot of flavor and turns a simple dish of grilled squash and fresh tomatoes into something very special. I'll certainly make this again and put that sauce on everything!
I had lots of tomatoes but no Sun Golds or other cherry varieties so I cut up a few nice heirloom tomatoes. I quartered the zucchini instead of just cutting them in half and rinsed and blotted it after salting. They picked up a lot of color before they were tender so I transferred them from the grill pan to the CSO to cook for a few more minutes.