• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Whiskey in bonbons

LabKat

I need a little help. I have been asked to make four different chocolate bonbons using four different whiskeys that I have not received yet,  so I do not know the flavor profiles. These will be molded bonbons. Is there a  ganache that I can use to bring out the individual whiskeys? I am thinking basic chocolate may work but I feel if I put this out to all of you someone will be able to suggest something or have a recipe. Thank you

20 hours ago, LabKat said:

I need a little help. I have been asked to make four different chocolate bonbons using four different whiskeys that I have not received yet,  so I do not know the flavor profiles. These will be molded bonbons. Is there a  ganache that I can use to bring out the individual whiskeys? I am thinking basic chocolate may work but I feel if I put this out to all of you someone will be able to suggest something or have a recipe. Thank you

I generally have to taste things before I can figure out which characteristics I want to play up - caramel notes, smokey tones, etc.